Stalking is a crime. Not many people give it much thought other than to see a news story about a celebrity with a stalker. However, it is a crime that affects 3.4 million each year in the United States. Some know the stalkers while others never did until they forced their way into the lives of their victims.
Please submit only one video under ten minutes in length.
- YouTube/Google Account – To upload your video, you must have a valid YouTube account. If you do not already have a YouTube account you can go to www.youtube.com and create an account for free.
- Clear sound is crucial. – Make sure to shoot in a quiet environment and project your voice to be heard. If no one can hear you the video will not get the momentum to raise awareness.
- Don’t backlight. – Make sure light is on your face rather than behind it — i.e. don’t sit in front of a bright window or outside with the sun behind you.
- Title and tag your video –Use the title “Raise Your Voice Against Stalking” and include your name and location if you feel safe – ex: “Raise Your Voice Against Stalking: Jodi Sanderholm in Kansas “. Use tags to describe your video so that other people can find it for example: “stalked in Kansas”
- Do NOT name your stalker – Even if your stalker has been prosecuted this project is not about the stalkers. Please keep the video to how the stalking affected your own life rather than the stalker.
If you are uncomfortable making a video please feel free to email your submission to mystory at jodisvoice dot org.