Online directories can be a place stalkers use to locate their victims. Here is a partial list of online directories and their opt-out pages.
- Terms of Service
- Opt-Out: Partial. Some data comes from Intelius (opting out of Intelius may result in removing some information from 123 People).
99 Lists (see Intelius)
A1 People Search
Ancestry (also Ancestry.ca, Ancestry.co.uk, Genealogy.com, familytreemaker.com, genealogylibrary.com, Myfamily.com, RootsWeb.com)
- Opt-Out: Email firstname.lastname@example.org your request for removal.
- Include in the email: your email address, the URL address to the page in which the information appears, and specify what you would like to have removed. You will be asked to provide a copy of government issued identification.
Any Who (part of AT&T)
Archives - Online
- Opt-Out: Email email@example.com
Background Record Finder (affiliated with Intelius)
Cell Phone Registry
Check Mate LLC
- Opt-Out: email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Opt-Out” in the Subject line and include your full name, DOB and address as it is listed on their website and they will remove it in 24-48 hours.
Complete Background Checks
DA Plus AKA: Directory Assistance Plus (source of data is InfoUSA, Inc.)
DEX Media (DEX online, DEX Knows, DEX pages)
If you know of other databases tracking information, please email the opt-out information to getoffthegrid at jodisvoice dot org and we will share the updates with other stalking victims.